Immigration Attorney in Fort Myers & Surrounding Areas
H Visas: Temporary Worker Visas

Fort Myers H Visa Lawyer

Want to Work in the United States for a Temporary Period?

Are you a worker who desires to work in the United States for a temporary period? Do you need help determining which visa may be the best option for your needs? At Hurtado Immigration Law Firm, we can help you make the decision that is best for you. With almost 10 years of experience in immigration law, we can walk you through the process of determining what is the most effective way to meet your immigration objectives to get you temporarily working in the United States. Don’t go through the process alone, let us help you ensure a prosperous future for you and your family by reaching your desired visa status.

To learn whether the H-3 visa is best for you, our attorney at Hurtado Immigration Law Firm can help. Call us at (239) 800-0580
or contact us online.

The H Visa Program

The H visa program can be confusing because of the myriad of different ways to qualify for the program and the different variations on the H visa. However, with help from Hurtado Immigration Law Firm, we can make it much more simple than it seems.

The purpose of the H visa program is to allow temporary workers access to the United States markets to jointly benefit them and the United States. There are five types of H visas, each focused on allowing a different type of temporary worker live and work in the United States.

H-1B visas

The H-1B visa program is a specialized visa program that allows temporary workers to reside in the United States for a period of three years to work in their specialized field. Only 85,000 visas are granted each year with almost a third of these reserved solely for individuals who have completed graduate educations in the United States. To qualify for this program, an individual must have a collegiate education in their field and the employer must be pre-approved by the Department of Labor. Individuals who have utilized the H-1B visa program before usually may obtain the visa again regardless of whether the visa limits for that year have been reached.

H-1B1 visas

Are you a Chilean or Singapore citizen? Then the H-1B1 visa program may be right for you! This program provides visas to 1,400 Chilean and 5,400 Singapore nationals every year who work in qualified “specialty occupations.” If granted this visa, it allows an individual to work in the United States for a period of one year.

H-2A visas

The H-2A visa program allows individuals working in the agricultural industry to temporarily work in the United States. This allows U.S. farmers to hire the help needed to meet seasonal needs and gives international agricultural workers the opportunity to increase their marketability by being able to work in the U.S. To qualify for this visa, the employer must simply show a deficit of U.S. workers to fill the spot and that the employment is only seasonal or temporary.

H-2B visas

Limited to only 22,000 issued each year, the H-2B visa program allows temporary workers not working in the agriculture industry access to the United States market. You may qualify for such a visa if there is a deficit of worker in your field in the United States and your work in the United States will only be for a limited period.

H-3 Visas

The H-3 visa program is designed to allow workers who are seeking education in their career field access to such training if it is not readily available in their country of origin. The focus of this program is on trade skills and specialized programs, not collegiate or graduate educations. If one of the above categories describes you, call Hurtado Immigration Law firm today to explore how you can temporarily work in the United States. Our attorney will help you through the process so you and your family can use your skills to succeed in the U.S. work force.

TN Visas

Canadian and Mexican citizens that secure a qualifying offer of employment from a U.S. employer may be able to obtain a TN Visa. This nonimmigrant visa functions similarly to H visas and allows recipients to live and work in the United States. Only certain types of jobs qualify for TN status, and your position must be included on the list of 60 NAFTA occupations to be considered eligible. We can assess your qualifications, determine if you qualify, and guide you through the application process.

Contact us today to get started.

We Rise By Lifting Others

  • Video Consultations Available
  • Approach Every Case Ethically & Professionally
  • An Attorney with First-Hand Experience

Contact Us

We Are Ready to Help
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.