Citizenship Attorney in Fort Myers
Let Us Help You Become a U.S. Citizen
Before applying for naturalization, the most straightforward path to U.S. citizenship is an eligible claim to citizenship.
Citizenship is characterized by an individual acquiring citizenship automatically at birth or through the naturalization of a parent. If the individual meets this criteria, they can file form N-600 to claim their citizenship. There is no interview that needs to be conducted and the individual does not have to take the citizenship test.
At Hurtado Immigration Law Firm, we are passionate about helping clients become U.S. citizens. An immigrant himself, Attorney Pablo Hurtado knows first-hand the joy of obtaining U.S. citizenship. We encourage all those eligible for citizenship to apply as soon as possible.
We would be honored to help you seek citizenship. Call us at
(239) 800-0580 to get started.
The Citizenship Process
If a person does not have an eligible claim to U.S. citizenship, most green card holders will become citizens through the process of naturalization. Eligible LPRs must meet a variety of requirements in order to become citizens.
To apply for naturalization, you must:
- Be 18 or older at the time of filing.
- Be a green card holder for at least five years immediately preceding the date of filing the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Have continuous residence in the United States as a green card holder for at least five years immediately preceding the date of filing the application.
- Be physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the five years immediately preceding the date of filing the application.
- Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for naturalization up to the time of naturalization.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).
- Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well-disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during all relevant periods under the law.
There are other ways to become a U.S. citizen that are available in some very specific circumstances. Our team is happy to assess your situation and determine which avenue is right for you.
Download Our App Today
To help LPRs preparing to apply for U.S. citizenship, our firm is proud to offer The Citizenship App 2022. This app contains citizenship test prep complete with 100 sample questions to practice with. It also contains study materials to prepare for the English proficiency examination. Users can practice listening, writing, reading, and speaking English to make sure they are prepared for the citizenship test. Practicing with our app can give you the confidence you need to do well on the U.S. citizenship test. Click here to download it.
Please contact Hurtado Immigration Law Firm to fully discuss your eligibility
for citizenship or naturalization.
Call us at (239) 800-0580.