Green Card Attorney in Fort Myers
Serving Foreign Nationals around the World
Being granted lawful permanent residency in the United States is a dream of many immigrants. Lawful permanent residency (LPR) is the first step toward obtaining citizenship. Green card holders enjoy many benefits that other non-residents do not receive.
If you are interested in obtaining a green card, it is in your best interest to work with a capable Fort Myers immigration attorney. Hurtado Immigration Law Firm can walk you through the process and position you for success every step of the way.
Contact us online or call (239) 800-0580 to get started by scheduling a consultation with our team.
Benefits of Holding a Green Card
Though many temporary visas can be a significant stepping stone towards achieving the American dream, a green card grants rights and benefits that can have a huge impact on the LPR’s future.
Lawful permanent residents can:
- Leave or enter the U.S. without the risk of being denied entry (so long as they travel with their green card)
- Apply for government-sponsored aid for education
- Save money on university and college as opposed to foreign nationals
- Work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- Start a business in the U.S.
- Receive Social Security benefits if they worked for 10 years before retiring
- Enjoy nearly all rights of citizens under U.S. law except the right to vote
How to Obtain a Green Card
Those interested in applying for a green card must first qualify by meeting certain requirements. There are a few different ways that a foreigner can qualify.
You may obtain a green card through:
- Family: Certain relatives of U.S. citizens or those engaged to a U.S. citizen may be eligible for permanent residency
- Employment: The PERM process allows certain foreigners to obtain a green card to work in the U.S.
- Special immigrant status: Religious workers, international broadcasters, special immigrant juveniles, immigrant investors, and certain other immigrants may be eligible for a green card
- Refugee or asylee status: You can obtain a green card if you were granted asylum status or admitted as a refugee at least one year ago
- Status as a victim of human trafficking or abuse: Individuals who have left their home country as the victims of human trafficking, crime, or battery or extreme cruelty can be granted permanent residency
When you call Hurtado Immigration Law Firm, we can assess your situation and determine the right avenue towards permanent residency for you to pursue. We take the time to get to know our clients so that we can tailor our representation to their unique needs. You can count on our Fort Myers green card attorney to fight for a favorable resolution on your behalf.
Get in touch with us today by calling (239) 800-0580.
...I will use this firm again. Highly recommended.- H.Glazim
Muy buen servicio lo recomiendo.- Kevin Suarez
We feel that the money spent on their services was well worth every penny.- Lynn Gifford
Both my family and I highly recommend Pablo Hurtado Law Firm to anyone with an immigration case.- Carlos
Very grateful to Dr. Pablo Hurtado and his professional team...- Farfalla Free