Naturalization Attorney in Fort Myers
Helping LPRs Become Citizens
Naturalization is one of the most-traveled paths toward citizenship. Every year, hundreds of thousands of green card holders initiate the process of applying for U.S. citizenship through naturalization. It is a significant milestone and an important step towards achieving professional and personal dreams. Hurtado Immigration Law Firm is here to serve as your trusted and passionate advocate as you navigate this process.
Contact us online or call (239) 800-0580 to learn more about naturalization.
In order to be eligible for naturalization, green card holders must meet certain requirements.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a green card holder
- Have lived in the U.S. with a green card for at least five years
- Have been physically present in the country for at least 30 months within the last five years
- Have good moral character
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Pass a test on U.S. government and history
- Take the oath of allegiance
If you meet all of these requirements, we encourage you to begin the journey to citizenship as soon as possible.
What is the Advantage of Citizenship?
Though green card holders have many of the same rights as U.S. citizens, those rights fall short in certain areas. Obtaining citizenship means that you are viewed the same as any other natural-born U.S. citizen under the law.
U.S. citizenship means that:
- You cannot be removed or deported, even after an arrest
- You benefit from expedited processing of residency requests for extended family members
- You can travel without restrictions
- You have the right to vote in local, state, and national elections
- You will be eligible to work government jobs
Work with Hurtado Immigration Law Firm
Our Fort Myers naturalization attorney is honored to help hardworking residents make strides toward their goals and achieve their dreams. We understand that the process can be daunting – that is why we walk clients through every step, ensuring they understand their rights and their options. With our help, you will be positioned for success. We offer services in both English and Spanish for your convenience.
To get started on the naturalization process, call Hurtado Immigration Law Firm at (239) 800-0580 today.
...I will use this firm again. Highly recommended.- H.Glazim
Muy buen servicio lo recomiendo.- Kevin Suarez
We feel that the money spent on their services was well worth every penny.- Lynn Gifford
Both my family and I highly recommend Pablo Hurtado Law Firm to anyone with an immigration case.- Carlos
Very grateful to Dr. Pablo Hurtado and his professional team...- Farfalla Free