Naturalization Attorney in Fort Myers
Helping LPRs Become Citizens
Naturalization is one of the most-traveled paths toward citizenship. Every year, hundreds of thousands of green card holders initiate the process of applying for U.S. citizenship through naturalization. It is a significant milestone and an important step towards achieving professional and personal dreams. Our Fort Myers naturalization lawyers at Hurtado Immigration Law Firm is here to serve as your trusted and passionate advocate as you navigate this process.
In order to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, an individual needs to currently be a lawful permanent resident and apply via filing an N-400. An official interview is required and the individual must also take the citizenship test. If you're planning on taking the citizenship test, download our app today to help you prepare!
In order to be eligible for naturalization, green card holders must meet certain requirements.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a green card holder.
- Have lived in the U.S. with a green card for at least five years.
- Have been physically present in the country for at least 30 months within the last five years.
- Have good moral character.
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Pass a test on U.S. government and history.
- Take the oath of allegiance.
If you meet all these naturalization requirements, we encourage you to begin the journey to citizenship as soon as possible.
What is the Advantage of Citizenship?
Though green card holders have many of the same rights as U.S. citizens, those rights fall short in certain areas. Obtaining citizenship means that you are viewed the same as any other natural-born U.S. citizen under the law.
Benefits of U.S Citizenship
U.S. citizenship means that:
- You have the right to vote in local, state, and national elections.
- You can acquire a US passport and not be subject to the 6 month per year residency requirement of lawful permanent residents.
- You may benefit from faster visa availability of residency petitions for certain family members.
- You will be eligible to work government jobs.
- You are no longer subject to removal or deportation proceedings.
Work with Fort Myers Naturalization Attorney
Our Fort Myers naturalization attorney is honored to help hardworking residents make strides toward their goals and achieve their dreams. We understand that the process can be daunting – that is why we walk clients through every step, ensuring they understand their rights and their options. With our help, you will be positioned for success. We offer services in both English and Spanish for your convenience.
To get started on the citizenship by naturalization process, call Hurtado Immigration Law Firm at (239) 800-0580 today.
Desbloqueo de las tarjetas verdes patrocinadas por la familia: 4 ideas clave | Hurtado Immigration LawEspañol, Immigracion Familiar
Unlocking Family-Sponsored Green Cards: 4 Key Insights | Hurtado Immigration Law
Entendiendo las Denegaciones de USCIS de las Peticiones Matrimoniales I-130: Causas y SolucionesEspañol, Immigracion Familiar
Understanding USCIS Denials of I-130 Marital Petitions: Causes and Solutions
Petición a Familiar Inmediato de Hijo Adulto a PadresEspañol, Family Immigration, Immigracion Familiar
Immediate Relative Petition From Adult Child to Parent
Navegando por la Categoría de Preferencia Familiar: Cómo Solicitar la Inmigración de un Hermano a los Estados UnidosEspañol, Immigracion Familiar
Navigating the Family Preference Category: How to Petition for a Sibling's Immigration to the United States