On October 20, 2020, Lawyer Monthly featured Attorney Hurtado in an interview about appealing immigration decisions.
In the interview, Attorney Hurtado discusses all the following, and more:
- When an appeal is appropriate and worthwhile
- Examples of situations that warrant an appeal
- The difference between an appeal and a motion to reopen/reconsider (and how to decide between each option)
- How long a person may have to file an appeal, motion, or lawsuit
- How long it may take to complete any of the above processes
- The challenges of appeals
- The costs of appeals
- Whether the process differs depending on the person’s location (i.e. in the U.S. or abroad)
- Changes in the immigration system resulting from the Trump administration
Attorney Hurtado also discusses his reasons for becoming an immigration lawyer and how he is continuously inspired by his clients, who endure and overcome tremendous challenges every day.
To read the full article, visit here.
Pablo Hurtado, the founder of Hurtado Immigration Law Firm, has first-hand experience with the immigration system, as well as more than ten years of experience practicing immigration law. The firm provides comprehensive immigration services for individuals and families, assisting them with matters like visas, green cards, citizenship, deportation, appeals, DACA, and more. To schedule your initial case evaluation, contact the firm online or call (239) 800-0580 today.